Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions govern Your Use of this Website (the” Site”) and Your relationship with Scene Nomads (the “Company”, “We” or “Us”) whose registered office is Falcon Drive, Cardiff Bay, Cardiff, CF10 4RU registered company number 7158383. Please read these terms and conditions carefully as they affect Your rights and liabilities under the law.
If You do not agree with these Terms and Conditions please do not register with the Site as Your acceptance will be deemed to have taken place upon completing the registration process.
Throughout these terms and conditions the following definitions will apply:
“Account” means any password protected access to the Site, services and Content;
“Company” means Scene Nomads Limited registered with Companies House under number 7158383 whose registered office is situated at Falcon Drive, Cardiff Bay, Cardiff, CF10 4RU;
“Content” means all text, graphics, imagery, photographs, sound or other such material, images or information Used in the provision of the Site and whether published by Us or by Members;
“Events” means without limitation any activity, meeting, gathering, of a social nature
“Member” means any individual or group registering to the Site
“Site” means www.scenenomad.com its subsidiary sites and any other sites connected to the Site and each page of such Websites;
“Us”, “We”, “Our” means the Scene Nomads Limited (registered number 7158383)
“You”, “Your” means the User of the Site
1. The Site
- 1.1 The Site is provided to You for Your personal non-commercial Use and is subject at all times to these Terms and Conditions. By Using the Site You agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
- 1.2 We may update these Terms and Conditions from time to time for legal or regulatory reasons or to allow for the proper operation of the Site. Any such variations will be notified to You via the email address You have provided to Us upon registration. Subject to Your right to terminate if You continue to Use the Site following notification of the changes You will be deemed to have accepted the variation and that You agree to be bound by the revised Terms and Conditions.
- 2.1 To register with the Site You must be over 18 years of age.
- 2.2 You must ensure that the details You provide to Us upon registration are correct and complete
- 2.3 You must ensure that You notify Us immediately of any changes to Your personal details that You have provided on registration which may affect Your membership, our ability to communicate with You or the Use of the Site.
- 2.4 If We become aware that any of the details You have provided to Us upon registration are inaccurate, false or misleading We reserve our right to terminate or suspend Your membership and the Use of this Site without notice.
3. Password and Security
- 3.1 When You register with the Site You will be asked to create a password. Your password will be required for You to be able to log in and Use the Site. In order to prevent fraud or unauthorised access to Your account You must keep this password confidential and must not disclose it or share it with anyone.
- 3.2 If You know or suspect that someone else knows Your password You should contact Us immediately by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org immediately. We will not be held liable for any misuse of the Site as a result of someone other than Yourself accessing the Site with Your account details.
- 3.3 Should We become aware or have reason to believe the Site is being accessed by someone other than Yourself We may require You to change Your password or suspend Your account.
4. Using the Site
- 4.1 A description of the Site and its services can be found at About Scene Nomad.com.
- 4.2 The Company warrants that it has the right to provide the Site and any other such services contained within it and will Use all reasonable skill and care in making the Site available to You and ensuring its availability.
- 4.3 We are continually seeking to improve the Site and the services offered therein. We reserve the right, at our discretion, to make changes to any part of the Site provided that it does not materially reduce its content of functionality.
5. Putting Content on the Site
- 5.1 When You submit Content to the Site You represent and warrant that:
- 5.1.1 that You own the copyright to the content You are submitting or that You have the express permission of the owner to Use the Content on the Site;
- 5.1.2 that the Content submitted by You does not infringe the copyright or any other rights of any person or entity;
- 5.1.3 that the Content will conform to these Terms and Conditions and any applicable laws, rules and regulations that may be in force or apply from time to time to the Site;
- 5.1.4 that the Content does not breach any of the provisions of clause 9
- 5.1.5 that the Content does not contain misleading, false, inaccurate, deceptive information and does not disseminate fraudulent goods, services, schemes or promotions
- 5.2 In respect of Content covered by Intellectual Property rights or for which You own the copyright You hereby grant to Us a non-exclusive, transferable, royalty free, worldwide licence to Use any such Content that You submit on the Site.
- 5.3 We reserve the right to amend, edit, or otherwise alter any information or Content submitted by a Member prior to or subsequent to its publication on the Site. Such right is exercisable at all times at Our absolute discretion without the giving of notice or reason.
6. Intellectual Property
- 6.1 The content of the Site is protected by copyright, trademarks, database right and other intellectual property rights. You may retrieve and display the content of the Site on a computer screen, store such content in electronic form on disk (but not any server or other storage device connected to a network) or print one copy of such content for Your own personal, non-commercial Use, provided You keep intact all and any copyright and proprietary notices. You must not otherwise reproduce, modify, copy or distribute or Use for commercial purposes any of the material or content on the Site without permission from the Company.
- 7.1 You warrant that:
- 7.1.1 You are 18 years of age or over
- 7.1.2 the personal information provided at registration is true and accurate and that You will ensure that any such information provided by You is maintained and updated from time to time or as the need requires;
- 7.1.3 You will at all times Use the Site in accordance with these Terms and Conditions and will observe and accord with Clause 8 (“Your Use of the Site”).
- 7.1 You warrant that:
8. Your Use of the Site
- 8.1 The Site is provided for the benefit of its membership with the aim of providing a safe and beneficial environment where individuals can organise or obtain details of various social events. We respect the views of all our members and do not discriminate in terms of sexual identity, orientation or religious beliefs. Should We be made aware that the organisation of any activity or social event or notice of such event discriminates on any of the grounds mentioned above or for any other reason prohibited at law We reserve the right to suspend or terminate the account of the member organising such event and those accounts of any participant.
- 8.2 You may not Use the Site for any of the following purposes:
- 8.2.1 disseminating any unlawful, harassing, libellous, abusive, threatening, harmful, vulgar, obscene or otherwise objectionable material or otherwise breaching any laws;
- 8.2.2 transmitting material that encourages conduct that constitutes a criminal offence, or otherwise breaches any applicable laws, regulations, or code of practices;
- 8.2.3 interfere with any other persons Use or enjoyment of the Site;
- 8.2.4 making, transmitting or storing electronic copies of materials protected by copyright without the permission of the owner;
- 8.2.5 harassing, threatening or otherwise causing anxiety or upset to any other member;
- 8.2.6 transferring files that contain harmful programmes such as, but not limited to, viruses and spyware;
- 8.2.7 transmitting any spam or other chain letters or junk mail to members of the Site;
- 8.2.8 engaging or enticing any member into any fraudulent activity;
- 8.2.9 advertising any products or services or engaging in any commercial activity or any other activity which may be construed as commercial without the express written consent of the Company;
- 8.2.10 organising, publicising, promoting or inciting any illegal activity or event.
- 8.3 Should it be determined by Us that You have breached any of the conditions contained in clause 8 We may at Our sole discretion terminate Your account without notice or take such other measures which it considers to appropriate.
- 8.4 We may notify any relevant authority where any breach of this clause arises or where the Company has reasonable belief or suspicion that such a breach may occur.
- 8.5 Without limitation You hereby agree that You will indemnify the Company and will be responsible for any losses and/or costs incurred by Us as a result of any breach by You of this clause 8.
9. Availability of the Site
- 9.1 Although We aim to deliver the best possible service We make no promises that the services at this Site will meet Your requirements. We cannot promise that the Site will be fault free. If a fault occurs with Your Use of the Site then You should contact Us at email@example.com and We will endeavour to correct the fault as soon as We possibly can.
- 9.2 Your access to the Site may be occasionally restricted to allow for repairs, maintenance or the introduction of new facilities or services. In such a situation We will attempt to restore the services as soon as practicably possible. We accept no liability for any losses (be those in contract, tort or otherwise) sustained by You during these periods other than in those circumstances where it is as a result of Our negligence.
10. Cancellation or suspension of membership
- 10.1 We may suspend Your membership immediately at our reasonable discretion if You breach any of Your obligations contained in these Terms and Conditions.
- 10.2 You can remove Your membership at any time by clicking on the Profile tab and clicking on the edit profile button. When in the edit page, scroll down to the remove my profile section and tick the box, then click ‘Ok’ on the alert message that pops up and click update profile at the bottom of the page.
- 10.3 The suspension or cancellation of Your membership and Your right to Use this Site shall not affect either party’s statutory rights or liabilities.
11. The Company’s Liability
- 11.1 The Site provides details of events and social gatherings which may be of interest to its members. Unless where so expressly stated details, times, dates and venues are provided by the members or members organising such event(s). If You have agreed to attend any such event or are contemplating such You should check regularly with the organisers or by visiting the Site to ensure that there have been no changes to the details provided which may affect You.
- 11.2 Whilst We endeavour to ensure that the details provided by our members are correct and accurate We do not make any warranties or guarantees in relation to any of the activities or events listed on the Site. If We are advised or notified as to any error or omission in the details of any event or activity We will endeavour to correct the inaccuracy as quickly as possible.
- 11.3 We accept no liability for the publication of Content, opinion, advice, statements, or other information published on the Site by Members. Whilst We attempt to ensure the veracity and accuracy of information relating to Events We accept no liability for any error or omission or misrepresentation on the part of its author. We will not accept liability for any loss suffered by a Member or individual who has placed a reliance on any content published on the Site.
- 11.4 We reserve the right to edit, delete, or remove all or any part of the Content of the Site such right to be exercised at our sole discretion without reason or notice.
12. Third Party Websites and Cookies
- 12.1 The Site may include links to other Websites or materials that We believe may be of interest or Use to our members. The content of such sites is beyond our control and We make no warranty or guarantee as to the security of such Websites. You should ensure that You have at all times up to date virus protection software enabled on Your computer.
- 12.2 The Site Uses “cookies” which are small pieces of date stored on Your hard drive each time You visit the Site and are Used for maintaining Your settings. Cookies do not harm Your computer nor can they access any private or confidential information on Your computer. To obtain optimum Use of the Site You should ensure Your browser settings accept cookies. If You are Using a shared computer You should ensure that You have logged out of the Site and have closed down all open windows. More information on cookies can be found at www.allaboutcookies.org.
13. Advertising and Sponsorship
- 13.1 Part of the Site may contain advertising and sponsorship. Advertisers and sponsors are responsible for ensuring that the material submitted for inclusion on the Site complies with relevant laws and codes. We will not be responsible to You for any error or inaccuracy in advertising and sponsorship material.
14. Applicable Law
- 14.1 These Terms and Conditions will be subject to the laws of England and Wales. We will try to solve any disagreements quickly and efficiently. If You are unhappy with any aspect of the Site then please notify Us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. If You are not happy with the way We deal with any disagreement and You want to take court proceedings, You must do so within the courts of England and Wales
15. International Use
- 15.1 We make no promise that materials on the Site are appropriate or available for Use in locations outside the United Kingdom and accessing the Site from territories where its contents are illegal or unlawful is prohibited. If You choose to access this site from locations outside the United Kingdom You do so on Your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
- 16.1 You may not transfer any of Your rights under these Terms and Conditions to any other person. We may transfer Our rights under these Terms and Conditions to another business where We reasonably believe Your rights will not be affected.
- 16.2 If You breach these Terms and Conditions and the Company chooses to ignore this, the Company will still be entitled to Use its rights and remedies at a later date or in any other situation where You breach Your Terms and Conditions.
- 16.3 We shall not be responsible for any breach of these Terms and Conditions caused by circumstances beyond its reasonable control such as a force majeure event (for example fire, flood, riot, government intervention, terrorist attach etc).
- 16.4 Should any of these Terms and Conditions prove to be unenforceable, illegal or invalid by reason of law then to the extent allowed for at law the remaining Terms and Conditions will remain fully effective binding and enforceable.